An Eco-barge is provided for boaters use at no charge to purge black and grey water. It is located adjacent to the Boat Basin Marina, near the Seaplane Terminal and the Petro Can fueling dock.
The Port of Nanaimo has a no discharge policy. We therefore ask you to help keep our harbour clean and do not discharge overboard any bilge, effluent, sewage or other substance that could be hazardous to people or the marine environment.
Instructions for Use
- Reduce all noise
- Open deck fittings
- Start pump iwth nozzle open and in white tube
- Pump will prime after 30 seconds, close nozzle
- Take nozzle to deck fitting and open nozzle
- The pump runs for 3 minutes
- If the pump stops, close nozzle, activate pump and re-open nozzle
- Put the nozzle in the white tun
- Try the white tube on the other side or place directly into the water, open the porta-potty dump lid and listen for the water entering the tank
- Ensure the tank is open.
- Ensure the nozzle is in the correct discharge port
- Ensure the valve in the vessel is set to discharge and not over-board