Nanaimo Marina – Boat Basin & W.E. Mills Landing – Vancouver Island
Nanaimo’s Port Authority operates two marinas that accommodate small to large commercial and pleasure vessels subject to availability.
The Inner Boat Basin provides space for small to medium sized commercial and pleasure vessels (under 50 feet) secured with locked gates from 22:00 to 06:00 hrs.
Larger vessels (over 50 feet) will be allocated space on W.E. Mills Landing & Marina (breakwater pier formerly known as the Visiting Vessel Pier and Cameron Island Marina). Access is available to the public during daylight hours. Gates restricting access to the public are locked overnight. An access code is available from the Wharfinger’s office upon registration and moorage payment.
- Overnight Moorage – 11:00 AM checkout
- Power: 30 amp available on all floats – 50 and 100 amp limited availability
When arriving to the outside of the breakwater pier, hail on VHF Channel 67 to be directed to a berth.
- Anchoring is allowed within designated anchorage areas only – see nautical charts. Anchoring is not allowed within the designated seaplane water aerodromes.
- The discharge of pollutants, including sewage, grey water and black water is strictly prohibited. Directions to the eco-barge are available by contacting the Wharfinger office at 250.754.5053
- Vessels must at all times abide by the practices and procedures defined by the Nanaimo Port Authority, Transport Canada and other pertinent regulatory bodies. Pertinent extracts are printed in Sailing Directions: British Columbia Coast (South Portion).
- Vessels at anchor must comply with the requirements set out in the collision regulations in regard to anchor lights https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/c.r.c.,_c._1416/FullText.html
***For questions or clarification, please contact the Wharfingers office 250.754.5053
SHORT TERM 3 HOUR TIE UP AND COURTESY TIE
ALL VESSELS MUST HAIL ON VHF 67 OR CALL AHEAD AT 250-754-5053 TO THE WHARF OFFICE
Limited to 2 times per 7 day period.
Vessels under 20 feet will be assigned a space on “A/B” Connector West side (white/black checkered bull rail) or “I” Float North side, West end (white bull rail).
Spaces for vessels 20 to 40 feet is subject to availability and will be assigned by the Wharfingers Office – Fees will apply.
All vessels MUST AVOID “reserved” areas, yellow painted bull rail and “name plated” areas.
NOTE: Courtesy tie space is NOT guaranteed. Vessels may be required to stand off or proceed to anchorage until space opens.
A minimum of 48 hours notice prior to the desired day of arrival is required to make a reservation.
Reservations are recommended – reservation process outlined here.
Review Moorage Rates.
Visa or MasterCard information guarantees a hold; charges are applied when moorage is used or if 24 hour notice of cancellation is not provided.
Payments may be made with Canadian dollars, Debit Card, Visa or Mastercard.
Full service banks are available a short walk away.
Phone: (250) 754-7828
HOURS OF OPERATION – 2022 – call to confirm 7 days a week – 08:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs
SERVICES AVAILABLE AT PETRO-CAN FUEL BARGE
- Diesel & Gas
- Propane Exchange (20 lb)
- Small Store