Nanaimo Marina – Boat Basin & W.E. Mills Landing – Vancouver Island
Nanaimo’s Port Authority operates two marinas with over 7,000 feet of moorage.
The inner Boat Basin provides space for small to medium commercial and pleasure boats, secured with locked gates from 2300 to 0700hrs.
Larger vessels are allocated space on W.E. Mills Landing & Marina, formerly known as the Visiting Vessel Pier and Cameron Island Marina, restricting access for the general public with locked gates. An access code is available from the Wharfinger.
- Courtesy Dinghy three-hour free tie-up is available twice a week (subject to available space).
- Tie-ups of 3–6 hours are charged at half the daily rate.
- Overnight Moorage – 11 AM Checkout
- Power: 20/30 amp available on all floats – 50 and 100 amp limited availability
When arriving to the outside of the breakwater pier, call on VHF Channel 67 to be directed to a berth.
- Anchoring is allowed within designated anchorage areas only.
- No anchoring is allowed within the designated seaplane water aerodromes.
- The discharge of pollutants, including sewage, is strictly prohibited.
- Ships must at all times abide by the NPA Practices and Procedures. Pertinent extracts are printed in Sailing Directions: British Columbia Coast (South Portion).
NPA Practices and Procedures PDF.
- Ships at anchor must comply with the requirements set out in the Collision Regulations in regard to anchor lights.
3 HOUR COURTESY TIE & TEMPORY TIES
ALL VESSELS MUST REGISTER WITH THE WHARF OFFICE
3 hour Courtesy Tie is limited to 2 times per 7 day period at the WHITE/BLACK CHECKERED BULL RAIL at following locations ONLY:
- “B” Float, South side, West end (near ramp).
- “C” Float, North side, East end.
- “E” Float if space is available. Rafting is permitted alongside Commercial Fishing Vessels only.
All vessels MUST AVOID “Reserved” areas, Yellow Painted Bull Rail, “Name Plated” areas.
DINGY TIE is available on the West (shore side) of “A” Float Connector accessed under “B” Ramp.
Courtesy Tie use Over 3 hours, Less than 5 Hours, is subject to fees equal to 50% of the posted Transient Moorage Daily Rate.
Courtesy Tie use Over 5 hours is subject to fees at 100% of the posted Transient Moorage Daily Rate.
NOTE: Courtesy tie space is NOT guaranteed available. Vessels may be required to stand off or proceed to anchorage until space opens.
Reservations are recommended, please follow reservation process outlined here.
Review Moorage Rates.
Visa or MasterCard information guarantees a hold; charges are applied when moorage is used or if 24 hour notice of cancellation is not provided. Please note: we do not take next day or same day reservations.
Payments may be made by cash, Debit Card, VisaM Mastercard, or in US currency. Full service banks are available a short walk away. An ATM is on site next to the Wharfinger Office.
Phone: (250) 754-7828
HOURS OF OPERATION – 2020
Summer – May 1 to Sept 30 > 0800 hrs to 1700 hrs
Winter – October 1 to April 30 > 0800 hrs to 1700 hrs
** After hours fueling available, call (250) 710-4155
SERVICES AVAILABLE AT PETRO-CAN FUEL BARGE
- Diesel & Gas
- Propane Exchange (20 lb)
- Small Store