Duke Point Shipping Terminal
The Duke Point terminal is located south of Nanaimo in the Duke Point Industrial Park with a new barge service from Vancouver Island to Vancouver. There is excellent proximity to the Island Highway system with connections to the lower mainland and property for lease.
Duke Point Deep Sea Terminal
- One deep sea berth with a length of 170 m ( 558 ft) and depth alongside of 13.5 m (44 ft)
- 40 metric tonne container handling gantry crane
- Line Dolphins add 54 meters both north and south – 278 meters total length
- The terminal has 6 ha (15 acres) of paved storage, 2ha (10 acres) of unpaved storage.
- The terminal is used for product exports, container handling, kaolin and salt discharge, fuel transfer and project cargo.
- A storage area has been developed to accommodate heavy lift storage and can be adapted for a variety of uses.
- New Barge Berth – Additional 82 Metres adjacent to (north of) existing 170 m berth providing simultaneous loading and discharging efficiencies
- Liebherr 500 Mobile Harbour Crane – 104 Metric Tonne, 51 Meter Outreach
Videos illustrate various cargo types.
Duke Point Multi Use Area
Adjacent to the Deep Sea Terminal is industrial zoned property available for lease and features:
- Lease lots range in size from 2 ha (5 acres) to 4 ha (10 acres).
- The property has access to the deep sea terminal and all development services.
- A 100-tonne barge ramp is available and short term staging property is available to users. Uses consist of scrap metal loading, lumber land, and discharge plus project cargo.
Duke Point Expansion
Nanaimo Port Authority’s Duke Point Expansion featuring the Liebherr 104 Metric Tonne Mobile Harbour Crane and a New Barge Berth, north of existing deep-sea shipping berth, marks a new era of Island commerce and a growth opportunity for Vancouver Island’s imports and exports:
- Now capable of simultaneous operations with the use of new barge berth and deep-sea berth
- Reduced congestion and delays due to increased berthing options
- Increased capacity, efficiency, and versatility for handling potentially any cargo type
- Maximum use of land capacity with adjacent lay down area serviced by Liebherr Mobile Harbour Crane
- Innovative expansion of facilities provides diverse and flexible cargo solutions for Short Sea Shipping links to Mainland terminals and direct connections to global markets